Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Most Impactful Book I've Ever Read

I am afraid this will sound like a sales pitch, but it does come from my heart...

I know the purpose of this site is to share pictures of the kids with friends and family, but I am going to stray from format for a moment here. A lot of friends and family visit this site making it a good spot for a book recommendation. I am not in the habit of recommending books, but this book has literally changed Suzanne’s and my life. We first found out about the book and its author from my sister and her husband. The book is called the Total Money Makeover and it is written by Dave Ramsey. The best way to help someone identify if they should read a book on any subject is to identify its audience so that’s what I’ll do...

Do ever find yourself trying to stretch money out to get to the end of the month or the next paycheck? Do you carry a balance on one or more credit cards? Do you have a car loan? Do you think money is one of your biggest sources of stress? Do you ever wonder how you’ll be able to pay for retirement? Suzanne and I answered yes to every one of those questions. If you answer yes to one or more, you should read this book.

I am not attempting to tell you how to manage your finances and I will not tell you this book is a guaranteed fix for everyone out there, but I will say it is worth giving it a read. I can say that Suzanne and I read this book, committed heart and soul to being on the program, and it has literally changed our lives for the better. We never argue about money, never worry if we will be able to pay a bill, and we have a plan for the future making it a lot less scary. If you asked my sister and her husband, I believe they would tell you the same kinds of things. If you answered yes to any of those questions above and are wondering how to get out of debt, give this book a chance. If after reading it you have questions, Suzanne and I are always happy to share our experiences with those who want to hear them. We won’t tell you what to do or how to do it. It’s your money and you need to decide for yourself what’s best for your money. However, we don’t mind telling people what our experience has been and how the book has worked for us. I never thought a book could change my life, but this one has. I was always one to get very worked up over money and finances. This book has brought a peace to my life that I honestly never thought was possible. I wanted to share this with friends and family in hopes that it may help those of you who are trying to figure out this whole money thing as well.

No comments: